(Submitted by City of Bowling Green)
The City of Bowling Green Tree Commission is kicking off its inaugural photo contest. The commissioners want to raise awareness of Bowling Green’s Urban Forest that is found both on public and private property.
Throughout 2018 we are asking citizens to submit photos highlighting trees in three seasons of the year: spring, summer, and fall.
How the contest works:
• Submit any eligible photo on the Arborist section of the city website (https://www.bgohio.org/departments/public-works-department/arborist/).
• The contest will run until Oct. 31.
• The Tree Commission will select the top photos from the tree categories: Spring, Summer, and Fall.
• The public can vote on the selected photos to choose the top overall photo in each category.
• Any amateur photographer residing in Bowling Green
• Photos must be taken within the Bowling Green City Limits
• Photos must be of a tree and not other landscape plants (i.e. shrubs, annuals, perennials, etc)
• The top photo in each category will receive a $25 gift certificate to one of thefollowing: Bostdorff’s, Klotz Floral Design and Garden Center, or North Branch Nursery.