From SAFE COMMUNITIES OF WOOD COUNTY
Safe Communities announced today that there has been one fatal crash in Wood County this year compared to three at this time last year.
According to The AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, aggressive driving has become a major concern of the public, ranking at or near the top of traffic safety issues in national surveys.
The Foundation defines aggressive driving as any unsafe driving behavior, performed deliberately and with ill intention of disregard for safety. Examples of aggressive driving behaviors include (but not limited to):
- Speeding in heavy traffic
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Blocking cars attempting to pass or change lanes
As many as 56 percent of fatal crashes involve one or more unsafe driving behaviors typically associated with aggressive driving. Speeding is one of the most common contributing factors and is involved in nearly one in three deadly crashes.
Tip to Combat Aggressive Driving:
- Plan your trip
- Avoid dangerous interaction and confrontations
- Avoid eye contact with aggressive drivers
- Be a courteous and patient driver
- Obey the speed limit
- Get out of the way and let an aggressive driver pass
- Don’t challenge aggressive drivers
For more information http://nwohio.aaa.com/traffic-safety/aggressive-driving
Let’s strive for zero fatal crashes in 2019!