(As submitted by Modern Woodmen)
Modern Woodmen of America honored Sue Clanton (Director – United Way of Wood County) with a “Hometown Hero” award on 11/3 @5pm at the United Way Office. Modern Woodmen supports our communities and residents through many aspects, including this Hometown Hero award. Carol Solether, of Modern Woodmen, presented the award.
Sue was chosen for her many years of volunteer service and giving back to her community. She has always been involved in her hometown of Weston, through PTA, Girl Scouts, Weston Library, Weston Art Council and Weston Church of Christ. As well, Sue has been very involved in the BG area and her generosity extends to much of Wood County as she is supportive of many organizations and events throughout the Wood County footprint.
From 1997-2014 Sue played a huge role with the Bowling Green Community Development Foundation helping to create hundreds of new jobs for the community. In this role she provided economic development support to the City of Bowling Green by marketing the community to business and industry and working with local businesses to ensure retention and promote growth.
In her most recent role as Area Director for the United Way in Wood County, Sue has created long lasting partnerships to tackle the most pressing matters in our community. These matters include, but are not limited to kindergarten readiness, dental care, and homelessness.
Sue is involved with the following organizations and committees in the Wood County area:
- Wood County Job and Family Services Board
- Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce Board
- Bowling Green Chamber Business Council
- Exchange Club
- Otsego Endowment Foundation
- Northwest Ohio Regional Economic Development Association
- Ohio Economic Development Association
- Wood County Continuum of Care
- Community Health Improvement Plan Committee
- Early Childhood Committee
- Project Connect Steering Committee