By JAN LARSON McLAUGHLIN
BG Independent News
Bowling Green voters will have a lot to choose from on their general election ballots in November. Wednesday was the filing deadline for candidates and issues appearing on the ballot.
The City Council at-large race has six candidates running to fill two open seats. There will be more variety than usual, with candidates representing Democrats, Republicans, the Green Party and an Independent.
Voters will be asked to elect two of the following at-large candidates:
- Holly Cipriani, Democrat, 336 W. Evers Ave.
- Nathan Eberly, Independent, 907 Sand Ridge Road.
- BeverlyAnn Elwazani, Green Party, 1210 Bourgogne Ave.
- Carolyn S. Kawecka, Green Party, 517 S. Main St.
- Gregory W. Robinette, Republican, 1501 Cardinal Road.
- Sandy Rowland, Democrat, 200 Larchwood Drive.
Voter will also get to choose between candidates in three of the four ward races.
The First Ward candidates are:
- Daniel J. Gordon, Democrat, 215 E. Poe Road, Apt. 64.
- Hunter D. Sluss, Republican, 433 Thurstin Ave., Apt. 11.
Second Ward candidates are:
- Kent Ramsey, Republican, 710 Seventh St., Apt. 3.
- John Zanfardino, Democrat, 244 S. Summit St.
Fourth Ward candidates are:
- William J. Herald, Republican, 1030 Conneaut Ave.
- Scott W. Seeliger, Democrat, 208 Syracuse Drive.
Running uncontested for the Third Ward council seat is Democrat Mike Aspacher.
Bowling Green voters will also be casting ballots for board of education members. There will be no contest in the race, since just two candidates filed for the two open seats.
- William G. Clifford, 606 St. Anne Court.
- Norman J. Geer, 917 Clark St.
The Bowling Green City School District will also have a tax issue on the ballot. Voters will decide a 6-mill bond issue, lasting 37 years, for construction, renovation and equipping of school facilities.
Local voters will face one county-wide tax levy. Wood County Department of Job and Family Services will be asking for renewal of its 1.3-mill tax levy for 10 years. The millage will be used for children and adult protective services.