(Submitted by BG Parks and Recreation)
The Bowling Green Community Center will be closed to facility users during the week of August 13-17 for its Annual Shut-Down Week for maintenance. The front desk will still remain open on a limited basis from 8 a m -6 p.m. to accept and process program registrations, rental reservations and payments, and other related business transactions.
During this time, BG Community Center passholders are able to use the BGSU Student Recreation Center as part of our reciprocal agreement. BGTACC members are to park in lots X (behind SRC) or 10 (Ice Arena). Additionally, BGTAAC members are required to display a BGSU parking permit (Our members may pick up a temporary BGSU Parking Permit from the Community Center Front Desk) on drivers side dashboard at all times or is subject to parking citations.
Entry Procedures/General Policies:
– All entry will occur from the front entrance
– Valid BGTACC membership pass is required to enter
– Non-members may purchase a $10 day pass
– During the first visit, BGTACC members are required to sign a waiver at entry
– Recreation and Wellness recommends one parent/guardian for every four children using the facility. Same room supervision is required for children under 16. No day care facilities are available
– Patrons are required to be 16 years of age or older to utilize the weight and cardio equipment
For a complete listing of SRC policies, please visit: http://www.bgsu.edu/recwell/
– BGTACC members will have general use on a first come, first served basis of the facility (excluding the climbing wall and group exercise classes), during normal hours of operation
– A limited number of day lockers are available (day use lock and towel are not provided)
– Day lockers must be emptied by closing each evening
– Contents left in a day locker overnight will be removed and a $10 service charge will be assessed to retrieve personal belongings
To secure personal belongings, patrons utilizing a day locker can:
1. Bring their own lock
2. Utilize a cell phone/wallet locker located within the columns of the weight room
– The SRC is not responsible for lost or stolen belongings. It is recommended that patrons do not leave valuable belongings in any lockers
Equipment Check Out:
– BGTACC members are required to provide a photo ID to borrow equipment from the Welcome Desk
– Locks and towels are not provided
– BGTACC members are responsible for replacing damaged or unreturned equipment
Reciprocal Dates (SRC): Aug. 13-17
Operating Hours: (note pool hours below)
Monday–Friday: 5:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Cooper Pool Hours: (Olympic size pool)
Monday–Friday: 6 a.m.-8 a.m. & 12-6 p.m.
Andrews Pool/Spa: Monday–Friday: 12-4 p.m.
The BG Community Center will reopen for use on Saturday, Aug. 18.