Following is a list of construction projects affecting BG streets:
- Liberty Street Water and Sewer Project: work continues with the sewer replacement project on Liberty Street. The Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division has finished the waterline portion of the project and has transitioned to replacing the sewer line. This work is anticipated to last another 3 weeks. Once all underground work is finished, Liberty, from Fairview to Grove, will be repaved including the temporary patch located within the intersection of Grove Street.
- Morton/Meeker Water and Sewer Project: this project will occur within the intersection of Morton and Meeker and will proceed east along Morton Avenue. It is scheduled to begin once work is complete on Liberty Street (towards the beginning part of June). Crews from the Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division will begin with replacing the sewer line, which is anticipated to last roughly 4 weeks. Once that work is complete, the waterline is scheduled to be replaced as well. Pavement restoration will be conducted once all underground work is complete – estimated to be in August.
- Conneaut Sewer and Pump Station: the force main portion of the sewer line replacement portion of this project is nearly complete. Work on the new sanitary sewer lift station construction located at 1353 Conneaut Ave. continues. The installation of a new gravity sewer located along Conneaut, from roughly Lafayette to the pump station, is scheduled to begin later this summer. This portion of the project will include a deep trench excavation, which will impact traffic. Once all underground infrastructure has been installed, site restoration throughout the project area will be conducted. This includes repaving Conneaut, from Wintergarden to Lafayette.
- Manville Avenue Paving: Manville Avenue, from Napoleon Road to Wooster Street, is scheduled to be repaved beginning May 21. The contractor is expected to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Throughout the project, temporary traffic changes may occur including detours around the work zone. Access to properties will be maintained throughout the project.
- Thurstin Avenue Closure: In conjunction with Bowling Green State University rehabilitation work on a utility tunnel, Thurstin Avenue, between Court Street and Pike Street, will be closed to traffic beginning May 21 until July 2. A posted detour will be established using Court Street, Enterprise Street, and Pike Street.