(Submitted by Salvation Army)
The Salvation Army will begin its Red Kettle Campaign on Nov. 23. The funds raised during this campaign make it possible for the Salvation Army to assist Wood County residents who are in emergency need. Last year, the Bowling Green Salvation Army was able to raise more than $36,000. This year’s goal is to raise $38,000 through the Red Kettle Campaign.
In order to meet this goal, the Salvation Army relies on hundreds of generous volunteers to give of their time at the kettles. Please consider bell ringing this year to help those in Wood County who are in less fortunate circumstances. This year kettles will be located at:
- Kroger, 1094 N. Main St., Bowling Green
- Walmart, 131 W. Gypsy Lane Road, Bowling Green
- Panera, 139 S. Main St., Bowling Green
- Big Lots, 818 S. Main St., Bowling Green
- Walgreens, 1013 N. Main St, Bowling Green
- Great Scot 13710 Deshler Road, North Baltimore
- Additional locations also available in Bradner.
Volunteers are needed from Nov. 23 through Dec. 24. Volunteers are scheduled for a minimum of two hours and must be 16 years of age or older or accompanied by an adult. Groups, churches, and businesses are encouraged to Adopt-a-Kettle for the day. If you would like to volunteer or need more information, contact the Salvation Army at 419-352-5918.