As of today’s deadline for those interested in the Ohio House seat vacated by Theresa Gavarone, at least six citizens have applied, according Wood County Republican Party Chairman Jon Jakubowski.
Though there may be a few more potential candidates, Jakubowski said the people he is aware of applying for the 3rd House District include:
- Tiffany Densic, Rossford Board of Education member.
- Haraz N. Ghanbari, Perrysburg City Council member.
- Peter Range, of Haskins, a member of the Catholic Diocese.
- Ed Schimmel, mayor of Northwood.
- Sue Larimer, Perrysburg Board of Education member.
- John Clements.
The House district covers all of Wood County.
The Ohio House Republican Caucus created a screening panel to interview candidates showing interest in the House seat. Those interviews will take place next week, with an announcement expected on Friday.
Jakubowski was unsure if all the candidates would be interviewed by the panel.
“I’m pretty excited about them,” Jakubowski said of those applying for the House seat. “They are individuals of great quality.”