The Wood County District Public Library trustees voted Monday to increase the fee for using the atrium.
The board approved raising the rate from $50 to a base charge of $100 with additional fees depending on services needed.
According Michael Penrod the main issue was that after reducing the meeting room rental rates in 2016, the atrium was still cheaper for use by individuals ($50 versus $75). “But in the meeting room, we do not do set-up and staff time is minimal (we just clean),” he stated in an e-mail after the meeting. “But for atrium use, in addition to cleaning up after an event, the staff has to set-aside the space for much longer periods of time, handle all set-up of tables/chairs/etc, at times is asked to be present to run the complicated sound system for spoken-word events.
“My staff is running at full-speed now, so I think the rental fee should be high enough to reflect the additional work – while still being at a reasonable rate overall.”
The new fees are:
* Payment of a $100.00 base fee is required at the time of making the reservation. Set up of up to 90 chairs, refreshment & presentation tables, a podium, & a microphone (if needed) are included.
* The piano is professionally-tuned on a quarterly basis. If you require an additional tuning, there is an additional $100 fee. Only our own tuning professional may be engaged.
* If you need a staff member to be present to run the in-house sound system, there is a $75 additional fee. This must be paid when making the reservation and is dependent on the availability of appropriate staff. Otherwise, you may bring in your own sound system.
* Groups will handle all of their own technology needs including providing the computer, projector, etc. A small screen and AV cart are available from the library at no cost.
* Before/after-hours access – $250 additional fee.