From BOWLING GREEN ARTS COUNCIL
The Bowling Green Arts Council and Four Corners Center is hosting Artists 4 Animals 5 at the Four Corners Center, 130 S. Main Street, from November 10 through November 28th.
Thirty-two artists of all ages, kindergarten through adult, are exhibiting their animal-themed work in the show, which is free and open to the public during regular Four Corners hours of 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday.
The show features selected top winners in each age category as well as best domestic and wild animal. Several of the artworks depict dogs and cats currently at the Wood County Humane Society, as depicted by Eastwood High School students.
First place award winners are:
- Best Domestic Animal, Anna Gerken, “Begging for Treats”
- Best Wild Animal, Jean Gidich-Holbrook, “Iguana”
- Adults, Isabel Zeng “Bunny Ears
- K-4th Grade, Aya Aldailami, “Two Animals”
- 5th-8th Grade, Robbie Witte, “Racing Steeds”
- 9th-12th Grade, Hope Harvey, “Baybee”
The winning images are reproduced on note cards that are available for purchase at the Four Corners Center. Sales of the cards will benefit the Wood County Humane Society and the Bowling Green Arts Council. This event is sponsored in part by The Copy Shop and Kabob it BG.